Act now and ask your MP to oppose introducing assisted suicide
The assisted suicide lobby have launched a large campaign to put pressure on the Government to reconsider the legalisation of assisted suicide. It is vital that it is clear to the Government that the public want them to continue to hold strong against this pressure from assisted suicide campaigners and reject their demands. Right To Life UK have set up and easy to use tool which will enable you to email your MP asking them to make it clear to the Government that it should not give into demands from the assisted suicide lobby to reconsider the legalisation of assisted suicide. It only takes 30 seconds to email your MP by visiting the link: https://righttolife.org.uk/StopAssistedSuicide
Updated weekly (Sunday 17 January 2021):
2nd Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B) “Called”
The Gospel today in a sense follows on from the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord as Jesus begins his mission by choosing his disciples. Just as in the first reading, Samuel was not the obvious choice so the choice of Jesus’ followers is not obvious – ordinary fishermen. Even now, Jesus looks ahead to their future role and he gives Simon a new name – Peter, the rock on which he was to build his Church.
This Sunday’s Readings (17 January 2021):
R1: 1 Samuel 3:3-10,19; R2: 1 Corinthians 6:13-15,17-20; G: John 1:35-42
- Hymns: All my hope on God is founded (words) * Do not be afraid (words)
- Hymns: I the Lord of sea and sky (words) * He who valiant be (words)
Holy Mass at StP/StMC:
- From Mon 11 January public services will be suspended until further service – owing to the national lockdown and risk
Live Holy Mass Links:
- 🙏🏽 [Live UK Masses in the next 2 hrs (~every 15 mins) – www.churchservices.tv/whats-on-now/]
- 🙏🏽 [View World Holy Mass live streamed: https://mass-online.org/daily-holy-mass-live-online/]
- 🙏🏽 [Daily services at York Oratory can be viewed on their YouTube Channel] (incl Latin)
- 🙏🏽 [Daily services at English Martyrs, York – YouTube Channel]
- 🙏🏽 [Streamed Masses in the Middlesbrough Diocese – View List on Dioc Website]
- 🙏🏽 [Leeds Cathedral – live-streamed services throughout the week on their YouTube Channel]
- 🙏🏽 [EWTN – Global Catholic TV Network – Mass/Services/Videos: #What’s On #Watch Live]
- 🙏🏽 [Catholic National Shrine of Walsingham – Schedule of live-stream services]
Prayer: Almighty ever-living God, only support of our human weakness, look with compassion upon the sorrowful condition of your children who suffer because of this pandemic; relieve the pain of the sick, give strength to those who care for them, welcome into your peace those who have died and, throughout this time of tribulation, grant that we may all find comfort in your merciful love. Through Christ our Lord.
Eucharist: May we grow in appreciation of the Eucharist; may those who have lapsed from the practice of their faith return to it with conviction and gratitude. For our young people, that in a world of entertainment and distraction they may experience moments of reflection in which they can draw closer to God and discern the direction and meaning of their lives. Lord in your mercy hear our prayer.
The Act of Spiritual Communion (please click on the image)
The Pope’s Prayer Intentions for January 2021:
Human Fraternity: May the Lord give us the grace to live in full fellowship with our brothers and sisters of other religions, praying for one another, open to all.
[Link: See also Pope’s Worldwide Prayer Network]
Welcome to the joint website of the twinned parishes of St Paulinus and St Margaret Clitherow (York UK). Whether you are a visitor or new to our joint parishes, interested in becoming Catholic, seeking to return to the practice of your faith, or an active member of our parish, you are most welcome. Fr Kevin
Vatican Media Live: See details of current services / a live view of St Peter’s Square (Italy is 1 hr ahead of UK)