Tech Tip: To enlarge/reduce any page or document hold the CTRL key & use the SCROLL mouse button
(Get ‘Universalis‘ on your mobile – has full daily Mass/readings, all daily prayers etc – Android/iPhone – £10 – visit your App store)
Updated weekly (05 July 2020):
14 Sunday of Ordinary Time (Yr A) – “Humility”
“Come to me, all you who labour and are burdened, and I will give you rest.”
- Music: The Lord’s my shepherd * Jesus name above all names
- Music: The servant king * All ye who seek a comfort sure
- READINGS – (Universalis) * Gospel reflection: SundayPlus * Homily: (Father Hanly)
Sometimes, looking around at our society, one gets the impression that the only way to succeed is to be hard and ruthless. This is not the way of christ, who was gentle and humble of heart. As St Paul tells us, the interests of the true follower of Jesus should not be in the unspiritual but in the spiritual.
[Future Holy Days: Assumption – Thu 16 Aug; All Saints – Sun 01 Nov ]
LIVE HOLY MASS LINKS:
- 🙏🏽 [Live UK Masses in the next 2 hrs (~every 15 mins) – www.churchservices.tv/whats-on-now/]
- 🙏🏽 [View Daily Holy Mass live streamed: https://mass-online.org/daily-holy-mass-live-online/]
- (Live Daily Masses from UK/Ireland/USA/Australia throughout the day)
- 🙏🏽 [Daily services at York Oratory can be viewed on their YouTube Channel] (incl Latin)
- 🙏🏽 [Daily services at English Martyrs, York – YouTube Channel]
- 🙏🏽 [Streamed Masses in the Middlesbrough Diocese – View List on Dioc Website]
- 🙏🏽 [Leeds Cathedral – live-streamed services throughout the week on their YouTube Channel]
- 🙏🏽 [EWTN – Global Catholic TV Network – Mass/Services/Videos: #What’s On #Watch Live]
- 🙏🏽 [Catholic National Shrine of Walsingham – Schedule of live-stream services]
The Re-opening of Our Churches – Fr Kevin writes (05 July):
St Margaret Clitherow – Opening of the church for private prayer.
Fr Kevin writes : We hope to have the church open for prayer before the Blessed Sacrament on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays – again from 10am to 12Noon. Thank you to the ten people who have offered to be stewards on these occasions. It has been suggested that there be a 25 minute limit on a visit, also would people not sit on the end of a pew and so prevent others from entering.
Re opening for Mass : Let us remember that the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays remains suspended. Strict guidelines have been imposed by the Government and the Bishops to make sure everyone is safe. Only those churches that have had risk assessments approved by the Diocese are able to start public Masses. To comply with this those wishing to attend Mass must let the church know in advance what Mass they are going to attend and supply names, addresses and contact numbers. Those attending according to the Government rules must be under 70. The 2 metre rule also has to be observed, so for St Margaret Clitherow, this means a limit of 30 persons and for St Paulinus, a limit of 20 persons. For this reason, I feel that we should continue with open for prayer only. I would welcome your views.
Almighty ever-living God, only support of our human weakness, look with compassion upon the sorrowful condition of your children who suffer because of this pandemic; relieve the pain of the sick, give strength to those who care for them, welcome into your peace those who have died and, throughout this time of tribulation, grant that we may all find comfort in your merciful love. Through Christ our Lord.
The Act of Spiritual Communion (please click on the image)
Dedication – July 2020: The month of July is dedicated to The Precious Blood of Jesus. The entire month falls within the liturgical season of Ordinary Time, which is represented by the liturgical colour green. This symbol of hope is the colour of the sprouting seed and arouses in the faithful the hope of reaping the eternal harvest of heaven, especially the hope of a glorious resurrection. It is used in the offices and Masses of Ordinary Time. (Read more …)
Our Families: We pray that today’s families may be accompanied with love, respect and guidance.
Welcome to the joint website of the twinned parishes of St Paulinus and St Margaret Clitherow (York UK). Whether you are a visitor or new to our joint parishes, interested in becoming Catholic, seeking to return to the practice of your faith, or an active member of our parish, you are most welcome. Fr Kevin
Vatican Media Live: St Peter’s Square – people now present as well as the pigeons, fountain, church bells on the quarter-hour and the occasional Police car. (Italy is 1 hr ahead of UK).